The Nikaean Club was established in 1926 to support the ecumenical ministry of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
According to its constitution, it exists
- to further relations with non-Anglican churches
- to assist students from such churches, and
- to offer hospitality on behalf of the Archbishop of Canterbury to representatives of such churches.
The Club has almost 400 members.
Our ministry of hospitality is principally exercised by hosting receptions and dinners – at Lambeth Palace or elsewhere in Central London – for representatives of non-Anglican churches making official visits to the Archbishop of Canterbury. Each July we hold a dinner in York in honour of the General Synod’s ecumenical representatives and guests. Reports of recent events are available Recent Events Page.
We assist students from foreign churches through the Nikaean Ecumenical Trust (a registered charity).
We welcome support in the form of
- prayer for our work in seeking the visible unity of Christ’s Church and
- financial contributions to the Nikaean Ecumenical Trust.